Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

Best Cookie Ever?

When I was in Nashville I had The Best Cookie Ever.
I'm pretty sure it was the best.
No others from my cookie-eating history stick out as the best.
And, I only had half of it. I only needed half of it cos it was so full of awesome!
(And I was sharing it with my sister)

Here's a fun video of me describing my lunch, which included the cookie, in my best southern accent.
We had an hour to kill before seeing the Kings of Leon. What else was I supposed to do!
(Southern-me cracks me up. Also, who remembers when I didn't have braces?!)

The other day I thought I'd like to do some baking, so I flicked through a recipe book and landed on oat and raisin cookies. And then I thought, 'what if I could make them like the Nashville cookie?'

This is what I came up with.
Note: I was trying to replicate the flavour, not the look of the cookie. Clearly.

I remembered the Nashville cookie tasted of mixed spice and had visible carrot in it.
The recipe I was using had neither of those things, but I put them in anyway!
Yep, I'm a recipe renegade!

The cookies didn't turn out too bad. I'm definitely on the right track.
I think next time I could afford to put in more mixed spice and more carrot.
Also more butter because they were a little crumbly, but the recipe called for 4 tablespoons of butter and I like to be more precise and use grams or ounces like a normal person.

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested:

4 tbsp butter
125g caster sugar
1 egg
50g plain sugar
1/2 tsp salt
(I've just realised I forgot to put in the salt. I didn't miss it)
1/2 tsp baking powder
175g porridge oats
125g raisins
I added: 1 small carrot, grated, and many shakes of mixed spice

15 minutes on Gas Mark 4

What's your Best Cookie Ever?

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe! I have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that are my best ever!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete