Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Paua to the people


At Easter my parents went to New Zealand for a few weeks and bought me back a little bag of these Paua shells.

When my parents came back from their holiday they told me they'd bought me a present and that it was poisonous.
And I was like, 'err...what?!'
What they really meant was the lady in the shop had told them to be careful when drilling into the shells as the dust isn't very good for you.
But that's like you shouldn't breath in the dust when cutting wood.   

So when I drilled the holes for these two necklaces I wore a mask just to be on the safe side.

I made one for me and one for my friend Natalie whose Mum lives in New Zealand and she got a Paua ring the last time she went to visit her.
I guess they're kinda friendship necklaces, since we both have one.
Natalie has been [unsuccessfully] trying to convince me that a friendship Rolex is a thing.
No, I won't be buying her a Rolex. This necklace will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment