Pages

Friday 16 July 2010

Birthday Cakes: Part 2

Part 2 of my best birthday cakes:

When I turned 14 I was very much into pink and guitars, so naturally I had a cake in the shape of a pink guitar.

This is one of my favourite cakes to date. By age 15 my obsession with the tv show Lost was already in full swing and my birthday cake reflected that. The airplane fuselage was a fondant icing covered chocolate swiss roll, broken in half of course, I used mint chocolate Match Makers for the trees and blue butter cream icing for the ocean, and I even included Jelly Baby survivors.

Tv also influenced my 17th birthday cake with this edible scrubs top.

Last year, my 19th birthday, I made this clever construction cake featuring Playmobile people carrying candles, spreading chocolate spread and applying rolls of fondant icing.

And this is my cake for today! My 20th birthday. A Chevy truck chocolate cake with coconut covered hay bales and cake/chocolate guitar and cowboy boots. And Oreo wheels. Check out those rims. And the picture in the window is Taylor Swift's "just a boy in a Chevy truck that had a tendency of getting stuck on back roads at night" from her Tim McGraw video.

No comments:

Post a Comment