Pages

Friday 21 May 2010

Bottle tops

Does anyone else find it annoying how you can recycle bottles but not bottle tops? For some reason, like toilet rolls, we don't throw out our bottle tops in my student house. So this it what I've done with them:

I used them to frame miniature portraits in my latest art project.
(Yes Lizi, that's you..no, not the one with the beard...)
Amanda at Crafts by Amanda made them into cute little ladybirds

And I saw milk bottle top being used at the Recycled: Design for Life exhibition at the V&A. 14 year old Lucy, from Dorothy Stringer School in Brighton, used milk bottle tops and scraps of gingham fabric to create an outfit inspired by the skinhead subculture.

1 comment:

  1. whoop! actual name check in blog - yesss!
    haha! love the bottle top uses... inventive just doesn't cover it...

    ReplyDelete