Pages

Thursday 4 February 2010

Pies!

I recently purchased Waitress on dvd (with Juno and Little Miss Sunshine for £6.98. Kerching) and that movie makes me hungry for pie! The dvd itself is even printed like a pie.

A shot of the opening sequence. Yum!


This leads me to my other pie-themed viewing; Pushing Daisies. Alas, it was cancelled after only 2 seasons, but they were 2 quirky, sweet, pie-filled seasons.



This show prompted my friend and I to have our own Pie Day a couple of summers ago where we tried our hand at baking some traditional and some more experimental pies.


The Bueno and Oreo pies were not so successful.


But our traditional apple pie was much better.


And now for the craft:



I don't have a credit for this unfortunately, so if you know who it belongs to let me know.


They're tiny pies made of polymer clay with bottle caps as the pie dishes. Seed beads have even been used for the fruit filling!

1 comment:

  1. I remember being in 5th grade and finding a small craft book, i think it was American girl or something similar and this was one of the crafts. i lost the book a long time ago. Yours are way more grown up looking though. kudos totally cute.

    ReplyDelete